How to have an Organized Home

6:00:00 AM

I’ve been in to the journey of organizing my home. If you read my previous post,  you would know that I’ve read and I apply in my life the Konmari method. This has been a great help to me. We moved from a studio type apartment to a three bedroom town house. It was a huge change and definitely a huge chore. Surprisingly, my home is more organized now  than ever. Even though our home gets bigger, since I know how to organize, it doesn’t take up so much time to clean and keep it neat. I recommend that you read Marie Kondo’s book but if you want a short cut or a shorter reading, then go ahead finish this blog post as I share with you the tips on how to organize your home.



KEEP ONLY THINGS THAT YOU NEED

Before we moved, I had the chance to purge our stuffs. I go through everything (literally all things) and was able to remove the unnecessary things in our life. One thing that makes home unorganized is having too many things that we don’t actually use or like. It doesn’t make sense to keep a coffee maker that you never use, only accumulating dusts in your kitchen; not to mention that it consumes storage space. Take an inventory of your stuffs and get rid of those things that are not useful. 

By getting rid, I don’t mean throwing it away. You can either donate it or sell it if it's working. Don’t get trap in to thinking “what if I need it in the future” because chances are, if you haven’t use it for quite a while you will not need it. Now with less stuff, it is easier to organize your home. 

If you are surrounded with things that add value to you or that you need, you are more likely to organize it and take care of it. I once own a lot of random accessories, most are gifted to me. I always tell myself that I will organize it but every time I see the container full, just by looking at it, I get tired already. The result, I don’t wear any of the accessories because I don’t have time to sort through the tangled mess. Finally, I set aside a time to organize and I realize that most of it I don’t like. So I sort through it and keep only the items I like. Then I put those into a jewelry box. Now, I am using my accessories more often because it’s accessible and it now limited to things I like to wear.

FIND A HOME (STORAGE SPACE) FOR EVERYTHING

Find a home for everything space. With fewer clothes, I’m sure  your clothes will fit in your closet. Your make up, onto the makeup drawer or a make up pouch, accessories to something like a jewelry box, gadgets into a drawer or gadget box. The point here is to have a designated space to all your stuff. 

If you know where to keep your things, you are more likely to return it into its place when you’re done using it. You don’t need to buy fancy storage system to do this. What you have in your home probably will be enough. So maximize your home storage first before you think of buying a new one. Have a system or a routine on how you would put things back to it's storage every day. 

That’s it, this two tips is a life changer for me. For the next blogpost, I’ll be sharing with you how I store my clothes, paper stuffs, storage do’s and don’ts and how I deal with sentimental items. If you are interested about it, be sure to check my blog because this week I dedicated all my post to it. So there, hope this inspires you to get organized. 


For those who find difficulty in organzing your home, I want to help. Send me an email at info@romanelle.com and let me know your organizing problems and I will give  my best to help you. Talk to you again next time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments