Minimalist Skincare Routine

4:34:00 PM

Since I konmaried my life (that means, after I decluttered and downsized my stuffs), I started to realize how liberating it is to keep a simplified lifestyle. The same things goes with my skincare routine. I 've learned to make it simple and effective (at least for me). 




MORNING ROUTINE = Cleanse + Sunscreen

I start my day by washing my face with Biore facial foam or sometimes, simply with cold water. After patting dry, I will apply sunscreen. Currently, I’m using  Neuterogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Suncreen SPF 50. Dermatologists and skin expert had emphasized enough how important it is to protect our skin with sunscreen and how much it can prevent aging. So for me, I go for the preventive route rather than spending money on anti-aging products later on. 

EVENING ROUTINE = Oil Cleanse + Cleanse + Moisturize

For the evening, I’ll start with Biore cleansing oil to remove all my makeup. I’m in love with this product because it can remove the sunscreen, the makeup and even waterproof mascara. After rinsing, I’ll wash with the same Biore facial foam I used in the morning to completely get away from all dirt. This is double cleansing method. I noticed that this makes a difference in my skin. I have fewer breakouts and the zits dry quicker. Finally, I moisturize my skin with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+. This is definitely a splurge product for me but a little goes a long way so it is worth every penny. I moisturize my lips as well by applying EOS lip balm.

OCCASSIONAL ROUTINE = EXFOLIATES + SPOT TREATMENT

Once or twice a week, I will use a face towel as I cleanse my face, to exfoliate my skin. I will apply the facial foam in the face towel and with a circular motion and applying a little pressure, this helps remove dead skin cells and promotes blood circulation all ove rthe face. This is my cheap version of clarisonic. It does the job so why not?

Then if I had zits that I’m not comfortable about, I will use Mario Badescu Drying lotion as a spot treatment. I apply this, after my moisturizer. Once applied, it gives a cool followed by burning sensation, it hurts sometimes. But it will be gone soon. Personally, it takes a couple of days before it can clear up my skin. As mentioned, I don’t use this every time I have zits, only when the zits bother me.


I love these routines so much, I do this almost automatic and it’s one less thing to worry about my day. If you don’t have a skincare routine yet, give this a try for at least a week and let me know how this works for you. See you in my next post.

You Might Also Like

1 comments