The Perfect Kind of Love

10:54:00 PM

I’m about to release a new series on my blog. But before that, I thought I would share something I’ve learned from the church last Sunday because, guess what? It’s about relationship and since one of my blog’s objectives is to spread love, this is indeed worth sharing. So here we go, the perfect kind of love.





What is love relationship? It’s about a man and a woman loving each other. And it’s like wanting to give 1million dollars to someone. But what if you don’t have 1million dollars? Definitely, you can not give that because you cannot give what you do not have. Same thing goes with love.

Problem in relationships arise when a person wants to love but they don’t have love so what they do is to “take” love. Instead of loving each other, the motive now is to get love. "I want you to love me" is the goal. I would sometimes talked to my single girlfriends and ask them, what kind of boyfriend do you want to have? They would say, someone sweet, who would always text me, someone who would take care of me, someone who would see me at work and always there for me. Then I would joked, “I thought we're talking about boyfriend, it seems you’re looking for a P.A. (personal assistant)? 

To love is to give.

It’s important to, be filled with love first, before you enter a relationship. You can get that perfect love from God alone. It’s only God who can give us that love that we desire and can fill us up so that we lack nothing. If you think you don’t have enough love from the Lord, you can ask for it. Ask God and He will give it to you in full measure.

So now, with the love of the Lord within you, when you enter a relationship, you are secured, confident and filled with love. This way, you are more willing to give than to receive. You can give patience, kindness, goodness, understanding, the perfect kind of love which is by the way, the  complete definition can be found in 1 Corinthians 13.

“ Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.”

Personally, our marriage is not that perfect. My husband and I have a fair share of arguments or misunderstanding as normal couples would. But even in the midst of unresolved arguments we still choose to stay together. Arguments or misunderstanding is not enough to ruin our marriage. He may have flaws but i don’t mind, God is perfect anyway. And when he does something special, like buying me gift or giving me surprises it is so much of a big deal! The love of the Lord is enough for me, so the goodness of  my husband is an overflow, keeping our marriage never dry.

So ladies and gentlemen, as you prepare for your future marriage or if you are in a relationship right now, fill yourself first with the love of God. Read your bible as His love letter for you, talk to God in prayer, and ask for His presence and fellowship. God will be too quick to give you His love.

I hope this post inspires you. Tune in for my next series. Talk to you again next time.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Where do you go to church po in Lancaster?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thank you for dropping by. When I'm in Lancaster, we go to Doulos for Christ world harvest church. It's on PICC Forum 3. Services schedule is normally 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm. If you are interested, let me know. ��

    ReplyDelete