HOW TO ACHIEVE WORK-LIFE BALANCE

7:00:00 AM

We live in a stressful, fast paced, always moving and virtually connected world. Everything is expected to come in an instant, and so is the demand in our works. With this kind of environment, how can we actually achieve work-life balance?

Every time I get busy with my work, I asked this question. I’ve been looking for the right formula to get it. However, I realized that to look for the balance is quite a pointless goal. There will be times that we will be required to work more, and there are times that we work less. Also, I realized that it is not the balance that we’re looking for; it’s about achieving stress- free life, a positive outlook and a happiness. Over the years, I found three things that helped me achieve this and I thought this might help you too. If you’re interested to know more about it, read on.

how-to-achieve-work-life-balance


NOURISH YOUR WELL-BEING DAILY

Caring for yourself is not a once a year event. It is something we should do daily. When you are nourished inside and out, you don’t feel the need to take a time out, and you are fully engaged to whatever you need to do or accomplished.

Now you asked how to nourish your well-being? It’s as simple as giving yourself an hour or two to care for your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual being. You can do this in the morning. Start your day with an exercise followed by a hearty breakfast. Then spend time to pray and read the Bible, and finally take a few minutes to reflect and write down your thoughts and feelings for the day. A routine like this, makes you mindful of your overall self and gives you a head start for the day ahead.

MIND YOUR OWN TIMETABLE

We all received unsolicited advice every now and then. People are trying to tell us to get married, find another job or take a sabbatical leave and a lot more. Giving too much attention to what people say, bring unnecessary pressure in our life which sometimes lead us to make decisions at the wrong time. I’m not saying we should totally not consider others advice; sometimes they’re helpful. But we know ourselves better, so make it a point that you mind your own timetable. Set your own goals and plan ahead.

One time, I came across a blog post about a woman who retires at the age of 30. She started planning about it when she was in College and started saving for her retirement fund back then. She devoted 10 years saving for the retirement fund and she did it! I was so inspired, I tell myself I can do that do, I can retire in 10 years’ time! I do the math and all the nerdy things and came up with a plan…an extreme one. Then I realized I’m a mother and by then, my son is not even in College, how can I even retire? How crazy my mind can go sometimes!

When I came to my senses, I realized how following others time table can create unnecessary stress in our lives. After this, I shared this to my husband, we sit down to discuss and create our own timetable for retirement.

GIVE YOUR BEST

As I’ve mentioned earlier, there will be a season that we need to work harder and a season of rest. What’s important is, whatever season you’re in now, just do your best! Give all you’ve got with no hesitation. Life is a one way journey; take it one day at a time, making the most of every time.
Don’t let your potential go to waste. Don’t let people make you feel guilty for working long and working hard. You owe it to yourself to bring out the best in you. In the same way, don’t let people make you feel guilty for taking time to rest. You deserve to enjoy what life has to offer. Simply aim for the best version of you every single day.


I hope with these tips, you get excited with work and life once again. Remember, you have that power to direct your life in the way that it should go. That power is the power to decide. Use it now and live the life you’ve always wanted.  





PS. Subscribe to my mailing list and receive a subscriber only blog post and a free Goal Sheet Printable. Click the photo below to subscribe. Thank you! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments